Since 2003, Based in NYC, NY, USA
Shipping to USA and Canada
Credit Card, Gift Cards, USPS Money Orders
At least it’s not high price, cheap quality. If MHGP has anything going for it, it’s their price point. Smokers can find glass bongs and glass pipes for around $30, which is well under the standard price point. But will you be sacrificing quality to save a few dollars?
Mile High Glass Pipes has potential to be a great online smoke shop. Before you decide to buy, look at our full review below where we cover everything from reputation to payments, so you aren’t left in the dark.
History, Reviews, and Reputation for Mhgp Smoke Shop
MHGP was founded in 2003 in Denver, CO, which gives much more clarity to the company name. Much of the drive towards creating this brand derives from the early 2000s era mindset of “no one was doing it, so we did.”
Which is absolutely not a bad reason to start a business. They saw a problem and developed the solution. But the problem is how that traditional (i.e., archaic) mindset affects their business today.
Now, MHGP serves much more than just Denver or Colorado. And the popularity of the online glass bong industry has boomed, leaving this pioneer up for auction. This is to say, the company was bought out in 2019.
Overall, Mile High Glass Pipes Provides a 4- Or 5-Star Experience to Customers.
Most customers are really happy with their Mile High Glass Pipes product (including the ones not manufactured by MHGP’s partners).
There’s repeated citing of quality customer service, fast shipping, thick glass, and more praises. Of course, there are a few negative remarks. Keeping the pandemic in mind, these mostly have to do with poor shipping. Though, during a pandemic where everyone is trapped indoors is probably one of the few times where an online glass bong store might try to step up their delivery relations.
MHGP Products Review
Reading up on Mile High Glass Pipes (and inferring just from their brand name) leads to a belief that the company produces their own glass bongs, glass pipes, and glass rigs. That, and they partner with local glassmakers. Considering the business is based in Denver, there must be a wide selection of weed-friendly glass blowers in the area.
But you would be surprised to find just 5 MHGP bongs and 7 weed pipes. It’s possible this is a consequence of being purchased by another company and expanding not only the audience but also the product selection.
The “Bongs, Rigs, and Bubblers Under $30” Section Appearing First Is a Winner.
Not that we only want to find the cheapest options available but encouraging the purchase of lower cost products tells us the company is proud of the quality in their inventory. You can also find bongs, rigs, and bubblers for more than $100 here. However, the average price hovers to just over $50.
Of the 11 pages of bongs available, the price doesn’t breach $100 until page 8.
One strange artifact found is an acrylic bong priced at nearly $150k. Please don’t buy this. But the real reason we bring it up is because it affects the filters when browsing through bongs. The first price above $0 immediately jumps to $640, which includes every bong on the smoke except the one mentioned. We’d like to see this fixed (or the group of people spending $150k on a bong).
Interesting Glass Styles Make for an Interestingly Selective Customer Experience.
From martini water pipes to giraffe bongs, there’s no shortage of creativity among the brands for sale. You won’t find many name-brand products besides SmokeRolla (which we believe is the company that purchased MHGP, though MHGP won’t say). There’s one or two by Grav and MK Glass Works. But that’s okay. This is a storefront that was designed, originally, to sell local glass.
There’s a Big Focus On Non-glass Products, Too.
In fact, there seems to be an overall mismatch between brand and product selection. I, for one, would entirely expect this store to only sell glass pipes but not surprised if it also sold bongs and rigs (and accessories). But there’s quite the focus on vapes—there are tons.
It’s no surprise that any online smoke shop would want to at least dabble into the vape game. It’s a popular category, just like Juul was a popular cigarette replacement—and it has stuck around for years now. But we’re beyond the fad and the hype of vapes. Businesses can thrive without expanding outside of their origins, outside of their mission.
While the smoke shop is front and center (notably because it’s the first category on the navigation bar), you’ll also find:
- Affiliate Program
- Wholesale Pipes
So, really, the smoke shop isn’t the main attraction anymore. It might come first on the list, but MHGP is trying to make money by doing everything else possible. It’s a dropshipping supplier, a wholesale supplier, an affiliate program provider, an authorized vape retailer, and more.
Pick a niche and stick to it. We no longer know what we’re shopping for here.
Sales, Discounts, and Promos for Mhgp in 2023
The instant pop-up for 15% off and a “Specials” tab right in the menu bar are great tells for a company that understands the value of a sale.
The Dedicated Sales Section Is a Façade for New Items.
Granted, the section is title “Specials” and not “Sale”. But not many people on this earth would label new items as special. Possibly best sellers, but that’s a stretch.
Still, hovering over this menu item leads to you a clearance page where you can find some steep discounts hovering around 40% off. But the products on clearance at the time of this review are nothing notable.
Discount Codes and Freebies Sent to Your Inbox.
The 15% discount pop-up was a nice touch. Signing up for emails will get you even more deals, including access to giveaways.
Promos don’t happen too often, but if you buy a high-quality bong then you shouldn’t need to shop all that often, anyway. In other words, something is better than nothing.
One thing that really lit up my face during this investigation into MHGP was receiving a 15% coupon in my inbox if I left a product in my cart for too long. If anyone is on the fence about making a purchase, the best way for a business to secure it is by offering a discount. It may just be marketing, but it works: I get my product for less, they make their sale.
The Mhgp Subscription Box Is…Interesting.
It’s so well hidden within the store, it makes us wonder if they actually want to sell it. (The way I found it was by browsing through a few items and happening to see it at the bottom of the page.)
With this mystery subscription box, you can choose:
- Oils and Concentrates
- Dry Herb
This is a great setup, giving customers the choice between two types of boxes. Since many customers probably order vapes from Mile High Glass Pipes now, it gives those customers access to even more. And of course, the dry herbs subscribers will get bongs and pipes and other things you’d expect.
The most notable piece of info is that it’s just $20 per month, but you have to subscribe for an entire year.
The description states that inside the box, you can find between 5 and 7 items:
- 15% coupon hidden in the box
- Rolling papers and filters
- Glass pipes
- And more
It seems like a quality box. The 3 people that have reviewed the box are very happy with the subscription. Maybe this is a brighter future for MHGP.
Payments, Shipping, and Returns for Mile High Glass Pipes
The shopping cart and checkout page don’t quite display the same information, misleading shoppers in Germany, specifically, to think they can have their brand-new glass weed pipe shipped. Otherwise, the checkout experience is no more than average.
Expect To Pay With a Standard Payment Method.
Credit cards rule the ecommerce world, and that rings true even for niche industries like online smoke shops where payment options like cryptocurrency are growing in popularity.
While it doesn’t provide any happy surprises, accepting credit cards is standard—everyone has one. They aren’t targeting a niche here; they’re targeting the masses. Accepted card networks include:
- American Express
- Diners Club
There’s also a Sezzle-powered BNPL (buy now, pay later) option. This method grew in popularity mostly over the pandemic, but it was found even a few years before. If making a big purchase (maybe over $200), it’s very accommodating to see an option that can break up that payment with no added fees so your bank account doesn’t suffer from such a massive blow.
Shipping to Us, UK, and Canada Only.
For some reason, when viewing the cart there is a specific option to ship to Germany. Why it doesn’t include the entire EU, that’s unknown. But it’s a lie. This company doesn’t ship to Germany. The only European country it will ship to is the UK. This is discovered when going through the checkout process.
Technically, the company does offer international shipping but only by phone or email. This isn’t a well-known feature, which tells us MHGP doesn’t want to ship internationally. The only way to find this is by reading the shipping policy page.
Shipping options are as follows:
- Free shipping for all orders within the US, including Hawaii and Alaska
- Paid fast shipping
- Shipping to the UK ranges between £30 and £80
- Shipping to Canada ranges between $17 and $50
- Includes discreet packaging
Interestingly, for a company based in Denver their warehouse is actually in Los Angeles.
Mhgp Has a Surprisingly Lenient Return Policy.
The standard stipulations apply: only new, unused products can be returned. The smoke shop has a 5-day grace period between delivery and return request AND will provide a pre-paid return label.
They do not accept opened or used products under any circumstances.
It’s never fun to return a product, but Mile High Glass Pipes seems quite accommodating. Customer service will also provide what they call a “quick fix” to your issue. This could mean anything from a refund to immediate replacement product shipment.
Mile High Glass Pipes Customer Service Review
Customer service is the heart of any online business. Getting it right can easily tip the scale towards a favorable reputation. Thankfully, MHGP does get it right most of the time.
The Team Responds to Public Customer Complaints and Praise.
We can’t say anything about what goes on in private chats via the live chat feature or email, but we can comment on what’s public. Customers leave reviews both on the MileHighGlassPipes.com smoke shop and on Trustpilot.
The customer service team at Mile High Glass Pipes won’t respond to every comment, but responding to even just one or at least the ones with major problems is good enough. It shows the human side of the company, recognizing that at both ends there is a person.
The act of responding to customers has no doubt improved the quality of the business, making up for what it lacks. It may not stimulate mass brand devotion, but we can see a select few becoming loyalists.
Multiple Ways To Get in Touch, if Needed.
Knowing that the company responds to public reviews can, in this case, count as communication with customer support. Officially, these are the methods to speak to MHGP:
- Live chat
- Contact form
- Phone number (call and text)
- Social media
The company covers all the bases. With a promised response within 24 hours, there should be no flaws in the communication system. Proof of this is seen in the comments left by real customers.
- Great customer service
- Multiple opportunities to save
- Low to average pricing
- Free shipping for all US orders
- Difficult international shipping
- Lousy sales section
- Poor brand identity
- Focus away from glass to other money-making opportunities
- Small selection of name-brand products
MileHighGlassPipes.com smoke shop could be a great place for smokers to stock up on glass, but the lack of focus on actual glass products and more towards vapes and other programs clouds the identity MHGP has built over the past two decades. That, and the number of good products and services hidden away throughout the site make for a difficult shopping experience.
Overall, we can’t recommend Mile High Glass Pipes to the cannabis community. While there are certainly great qualities to this online smoke shop, they don’t outweigh the cons this year.
- Grasscity — Pioneer of the online smoke shop and based in Amsterdam, Grasscity is your international source for any cannabis related. Warehouses exist in Europe and North America, which means you can expect fast and affordable (even free) shipping worldwide. Browse from mid-range to high-end products, pay with virtually any payment method (including Bitcoin), and save with regular sales, discounts, and rewards.
- Smoke Cartel — As one of the most popular headshops, Smoke Cartel excels in providing top-quality products. While prices hover around average, you have plenty of discount opportunities via codes and their rewards program. This, exceptional customer service, and fast international shipping make Smoke Cartel one of our top recommendations for all cannabis lovers.
- Vapor.com — A comprehensive range of vaporizers and smoking accessories, as well as fast and free delivery, make Vapor.com the go-to shop for all things vape. The shop offers many savings opportunities and a price match guarantee that helps you save on every purchase no matter where in the world you are buying from.
|The Best Head Shops of 2023|
|1. Grasscity||• Overall Best Head Shop • Oldest Headshop & Best Reputation • Since 2000, Based in Amsterdam, NL • Free Stealth Worldwide Shipping • Bitcoin Accepted!||[Read Our Review]||• Promotions & Special Offers • Pay with Bitcoin • Reward Program Read Our ReviewVisit Website|
|2. Smoke Cartel||• Best Shopping Experience • Since 2013, Based in USA • Stealth Worldwide Shipping • Free Shipping in USA||[Read Our Review]||• Promotions & Special Offers • 10% Coupon Code: CNBS • Subscription Box • Reward Program Read Our ReviewVisit Website|
|3. Vapor.com||• Best Headshop for Vaporizers • Since 2005, Based in Florida, USA • Shipping to U.S, CA, U.K, EU, AU, & NZ||[Read Our Review]||• Promotions & Special Offers • Price Match Guarantee • Reward Program Read Our ReviewVisit Website|
|4. Hemper||• Best Subscription Box • Since 2015, Based in NY, USA • Shipping to Selected Countries||[Read Our Review]||• Sunscription Boxes • Gift Cards • Themed Boxes Read Our ReviewVisit Website|
|5. Allin1SmokeShop||• Best for Artistic Heady Glass • Since 2016, Based in Florida, USA • Stealth Worldwide Shipping||[Read Our Review]||• Promotions & Special Offers • Reward Program Read Our ReviewVisit Website|
- Online Headshops - A handy guide to finding the best online headshop for pipes, papers, bongs, and all cannabis equipment.
- Allin1smokeshop Review - An in-depth review of the boutique heady glass retailer Allin1smokeshop.
- Badass Glass Review - With an interesting selection of bongs, rigs, and glass pipes to choose, Badass Glass is one place to keep an eye on for smokers looking for quality and affordability.
- CaliConnected Headshop Review - CaliConnected is an online headshop with fully stocked shelves and brands you’ll love, but pricing and lack of support will deter you.
- Daily High Club Review - Daily High Club is a subscription box service that promises to send you high-quality marijuana accessories every month, but is it worth the money?
- DankGeek Review - DankGeek is an online headshop selling products from several high-profile brand while promising affordable pricing, convenience, and community. Unfortunately, they fail to deliver.
- DankStop Review - Is DankStop a headshop you can trust, or are their expansive shelves stocked with products that lack value? Uncover the pros and cons of DankStop in this review.
- DopeBoo Review - Does DopeBoo live up to the self-proclaimed “globally top-ranked”, or is their curation merely a façade? Find out in our full site review.
- EveryoneDoesIt Headshop Review - With a long history of serving the cannabis community with the convenience of online shopping and worldwide delivery, we’re left wondering, “what happened” to EveryOneDoesIt Headshop?
- Everythingfor420 Review - EverythingFor420 is a headshop for those willing to pay a bit extra for basic products, but a great membership program and ways to save could make it a smoke shop worth spending on.
- Fat Buddha Glass Review - Discover all you need to know about Fat Buddha Glass’ creative glass bongs, pipes, and rigs as well as their subscription box right here.
- Grasscity Review - A comprehensive review of a true pioneer in the cannabis industry, Grasscity.
- Hemper Review - Discover everything you need to know about Hemper’s subscription boxes, lifestyle products, pricing, and more.
- Higher Standards Review - As a brand, Higher Standards is top-notch. As a retailer, is their site worth your effort? Discover the pros and cons of higherstandards.com here.
- Mile High Glass Pipes Review - (CURRENT PAGE)
- PuffItUp Review - An online vape shop with a focus on vapes, but does the “sold out” majority of products win over their great discounts?
- Rolling Paper Depot - An in-depth review of Rolling Paper Depot, including the online headshop's selection, prices, service, and more.
- RYOT Headshop Review - Ryot.com is a US-based online headshop that manufactures high-quality smoke products but buying from their site is problematic. Find out more in our full review.
- Smoke Cartel Review - An informative review of Smoke Cartel - A fan favorite, and one of the best headshops online.
- Thick Ass Glass Review - TAG glass bongs are made to last, made to order, and will cost you a fortune. Find out if the price is worth it in our full review.
- Vapor.com Review - Is vapor.com One of the Best Head Shops in 2023, or Its Stocking Issues Will Force You to Buy Elsewhere?
- VapoShop Review - An informative review of the known European vape shop: VapoShop.